The Blog belongs to group of bloggers trying to collaborate to make a more diverse, more interesting and better known blog...

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Writing My Destiny?

Sounds too masculine and arrogant maybe! Can even argue about what Destiny means! Or whether the initial premise on which the blog seems to be based is flawed. (Whether we are capable of writing our destinies or in simpler words making a purely independent choice)

Well being the person who thought of the name I owe an explanation to fellow team members and dear followers. To me destiny is written every time I make a choice, take a decision, do something or avoid something. Destiny for me is the series of events one followed by other or sometimes simultaneous ones, which when patched up together in the perfect order make the cycle of life complete. Everything seems to be in order and in place when viewed from a certain distance from activity. As a silent observer one can gain much deeper insights into what might appear as a very complex, turbulent or happening life.

But still who is writing my destiny and what has a blog got to do with that?

The blog doesn't have any effect on the writing my destiny part obviously. That has to be done by me, although speaking in very precise terms, since writing this blog is one of the choices I made and took action, it becomes a part of the destiny so in a way while writing a post on "writingmydestiny.blogspot.com" I was writing my destiny. But chuck that, and come back to the core issue.

Here the doer is essentially 'me' in the sense that my choices, actions decide what my life is going to be like, which can also be called my destiny. Now what is a blog doing linked with this apparently higher meaning word called destiny?
Well it can be used like a sounding board for one thing. Since at any given time, I am struggling with various choices on various matters which under a unique combination (that I will choose) will make way for a very unique life that I will live. Now these choices to certain extent are under my control (the extent might worry from case to case, but usually we have at least some control over our choices). Now here comes in the blog, as we can use it to write down the choices we want to make, and while doing so getting the ability to see the situation more objectively from a higher point of view as I wrote a bit earlier in this post.

This position of having a relative distance from direct action, or making the choice non-personal for some time, by writing it down and then looking at it from bird's eye view will open up new ideas, and vision which is difficult to obtain while you remain within the system and handle the choices from a personal bias.

Obviously another advantage is being able to get opinions from friends, peers and other followers who might find even more interesting options, within the given constraints, opening up further thoughts and broadening vision and increasing depth of decision, and maybe even leading to a final decision, which wouldn't have been possible if the blog never existed. And hence it means, the blog in some way acted as a way to write my destiny.

Perhaps I succeeded in justifying the name of this blog. But as an afterthought, I am struggling with whether it is better to have a very open way of thinking, like this post suggested? On one hand it does bring more ideas, let's one have more choices, be more open minded etc, but on the other it increases chaos! More options mean more probabilities, more confusion, less certainty, less belief in cause and hence probably lesser chances of success since the decision was based only on rationality and not just pure passion or gut feeling.

Probably the choice amongst these two ways of thinking or rather living, would be very individual and probably even depend on the context, still as the finishing line I would just say, there isn't always a black and white scenario, life oscillates between various shades of grey, and so we make an attempt to see where we lie on the grey spectrum.

No comments:

Post a Comment